Step by step instructions for making 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water or veggie broth
- pinch of salt
- Place the quinoa in a mesh strainer, and rinse it very well with clean running water.
- After it is thoroughly rinsed, place the quinoa, 2 cups of liquid and salt in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Turn the pan on high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a tight lid, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- When 20 minutes is up, remove pan from the heat and remove the lid. Cover the pan with a dish towel and allow to sit for another 10 minutes.
- Once that 10 minutes is up, remove the dish towel and fluff the quinoa with a fork.